Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Chivalry - Stick a Fork in It

Topic of the Day: Chivalry

Its Done. Over. Forget about it.


We can argue all day if women are the reason why it is dead, but the fact of the matter is, its gone for good.

I'm sitting on the Metro and I realize there are more women standing holding onto those stupid poles than men! All these self-righteous pricks reading their newspaper or checking their email on their "crackberries", they are too busy to notice the woman with the overloaded bag, struggling to hang on while the train rocks her back and forth.
I walk into my office hands full with a bag, my lunch and my book and 3 other men walk in at the same time. Do they hold the door open for me? Nope. Not one of them even acknowledge my existance. Do I have to wear a miniskirt to get them to hold a door open for me? Geez.

What happend to mothers telling their sons how to be a real gentleman? How to hold a door open, offer up their seat, things like that? Where did these men go?

No comments: