Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Place, New Space

It's been just over a week since moving into a condo with my boyfriend, and so far I'm loving the experience. Sure, we've moved before, but living alone with each other is a completely different experience than living with roomates.

First of all, everything is OURS. Nothing belongs to anybody else. I dont have to worry about using someone else's hairbrush or someone eating all my food or wondering whose clothes are still in the wash. I can put something in the fridge and now I dont have to worry about it "dissappearing". If my double-fudge brownie is missing, I know exactly who took it.

Since we have our own space, we can decorate the place however we want. For the first time, I got really interested in designing each room differently. Pictures on shelves, flowers, and candles. Oh, how I love candles - the large pillar ones, ones that smell really good like flowers, and the decorative "just for looks" candles. I love being able to make the place our own and actually making it feel like home.

Also, having a place that is just for me and him makes things a lot more comfortable. If I want to take a shower, I dont have to sneak from the bedroom to the bathroom hoping that nobody will see me wrapped up in just a towel. I dont have to worry about being dressed when someone walks into the room asking to borrow something. Personally, I like to walk around in underwear and maybe a shirt and now I can do that freely without worrying about being indecent.

I am so happy to have a place to call our own. I know tons of people move into new places all the time, but to experience it personally is one of the best feelings I've had.

No comments: